Monday, January 28, 2008

New Day, New Site, New Blog, New Possibilities

It's Monday. The start of a new work week. The sound of an alarm going off too early. The thought of knowing you are going to have some good lunch due to the fact that you went grocery shopping on Sunday.

For me, today, Monday, January 28th, 2008 is a date that embraces change, possibility and, well, a lot more work to do.

You might have noticed some things have changed here at the blog. What you might ask? The domain for starters. I'm back on Blogspot for the time being. Not a huge fan of this but I am having troubles setting up an effective blog page over at the new site. (Open to suggestions) I have also changed this blog to reflect on me and not my company. Therefore the new title is Greg Rollett, a Blog About Music Marketing, Social Media and Millennials. The content won't steer too far from what was being produced here, and will continue on a frequent (hopefully daily) basis.

The biggest news is that we have officially launched RollettMarketing.com. There are still some glitches and some pieces are missing, but with all the client meetings and the office move in date approaching, we had to get it up.

I would love for everyone to go and check it out, tell me what you think about it and what you think needs improvement (i.e. what sucks) and how it functions. My team is filtering through it today and we have found a few glitches with both the text and the images.

As I mentioned above, the move in date for the new office downtown is now Friday, February 15th. Desk shopping at IKEA Orlando was unsuccessful, but we did get some great ideas.

We are looking for funding. I am not going to be shy about it. We are a music marketing firm that would love some start up cash. I have some great ideas for applications and resources that will require funding and a great developer to come into reality. In the meantime, we are here for our clients and the indie music scene and will continue on this track.

We are really excited and really tired. I am back at the 9 to 5 today and tonight head to the 6 to 12. I'm putting it all on the table and say that I am shooting for July 1st to be the day we go full time in the Music Marketing Business.

There's lots to do, lots to learn and (hopefully) lots to earn. The key is to be in tune to the music industry, the social media world and the needs of bands and music industry related businesses. We have a long road ahead of us and like Ryan Healy said this morning, its time to stop planning and start doing. That doing my friends, starts today!

Here's a quick sneak peak of the site:


Oh and I did get The Skateboard Sneakers CD online at Last.FM. The full post will be up tonight.

-Greg Rollett

0 comments:

Recent Posts

I just claimed my blog on Viralogy.com - #77

ypblogs.com

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP