Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Let's Talk About The Music Industry

(This post can be summarized by stating that I am looking for guest posts on how you live with music, consume it and find it)

Music makes the world go round, let's talk about that!photo by: a DELL

So this is post number 111 in the saga that has been my blog, company website before we officially launched and now back to a discussion about the music industry, gen-y entrepreneurship and social media.

Lots of things have changed in the past 6 months, not only for me and my career but the entire business world. Social media is becoming accepted by more and more people and the music industry continues to disappoint and reinvent itself at the same time.

With all that said, I am looking to expand and start new conversations. One thing I think people in the tech industry forget is how the everyday user is experiencing something. So, I want to open up not only the comments but also guest posts on how you experience music; How and why you buy it or steal it.
Listen to it.
Discover it.
Get annoyed by it.
Do you listen to the radio?
Do you hate indie bands that SPAM your pages on Myspace?

When the day comes to an end, music is an experience for the listener. It brings out memories, sparks emotions, and alters moods. For me, music is an essential part of my life. 5 minutes do not pass where a melody doesn't ring in my head, or I'm sifting through a friend's iPod.

So send em in folks! They can be anonymous, full out posts with link juice and all that good stuff, or just an opinion. The music business is now ours to develop. We are dictating how music is being sold, distributed and listened to. We, the music listening to public, killed the DRM movement, we created iTunes out of the creation of Napster and we are putting commercial radio out of business because they don't play music anymore.

I look forward to what you have to say and hope that I can help you in your quest to find great new bands, new ways of getting that music into your car, your vacation and your life.

Here's to the memories of the music we love and to the music we will discover that will lead to new memories and moments.

-Greg Rollett

send all requests or posts to info@rollettmarketing.com

0 comments:

Recent Posts

I just claimed my blog on Viralogy.com - #77

ypblogs.com

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP