Friday, July 27, 2007

Rely Only on a Myspace Account? Facebook migt be the New Music Marketing Tool!

I will be the first to admit that I'm not totally a Facebook fan! I have been a loyal Myspace user for almost 3 years, well before it went mainstream. I consider myself pretty well versed in Myspace, as I am currently writing a book on the subject titled "Myspace Band Fund" (due sometime in late August).

But.......

In my few short weeks as an Internet Marketing Rep at a major corporation, I have been researching all forms of Social Networking and Facebook is everywhere. I just built my profile and it is still a little shaky, but nonetheless it has proven to be much more organized and has so much potential for musicians. With the implement of their new open platform and applications, Facebook might need to be on your hot list of places to promote your music online.

Here are some recent stats that Facebook has just released:

  • More than half of Facebook users are not currently enrolled in a university or college.
  • The fastest-growing demographic is the 25+ age group.
  • Facebook is the sixth-most trafficked site in the United States.
  • Users spend an average of 20 minutes on the site daily.
  • The site is the No. 1 photo-sharing application on the web.
  • Photo application draws more than twice as much traffic as the next three sites combined.
  • Canada, with more than 3 million active users, has the most users outside of the US.
  • The UK has the third-largest user-base, with more than 2 million active users.
  • Over 1,800 applications have been built on the Facebook Platform.
  • More than 75 percent of Facebook users have used at least one Facebook application.

For the full story on the stats head over to Facebook.

I'll be giving my best tips and new applications as soon as they are credible and worthwhile to your music marketing needs!

0 comments:

Recent Posts

I just claimed my blog on Viralogy.com - #77

ypblogs.com

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP