Monday, August 20, 2007

Slice the Pie Puts Local Music into Fans Hands


I stumbled across Slice The Pie today, and thought it was an interesting concept. It looks to be in the direction of a band's fans acting as their record label. The fans put up money for recording, touring, products-similar to an investor and the band goes and makes the product.

From their about us page:

Slicethepie enables artists to raise money directly from their fans to professionally record and release an album.

How? We turn every music fan into a record label.

On Slicethepie:

o Artists can raise money directly from their fans to professionally record albums
o Fans can become emotionally and financially involved at all levels of the music industry - scouting, breaking, investing in and influencing real artists
o Investors can gamble on, trade in and profit from the success of these artists
o Artists who secure finance pay Slicethepie a small royalty on album sales but keep all their copyright and publishing rights


Looks interesting. Any bands that have tried this out, please let me know and I'll be sure to post reviews about the site. I think this is a great move for indie bands with really great supporting fans that are looking to jump to the next level.

The only problem I see, is if too many fans donate and too many people want a "slice of the pie." I have sent over an email to Slice the Pie and hopefully will get a great insight into the company and its future!

-G-Ro

1 comments:

Anonymous August 30, 2007 at 8:56 AM  

I just received an email today about slice the pie. I'm trying to do some research so I have a better understanding if I should join as one of the artists.

Recent Posts

I just claimed my blog on Viralogy.com - #77

ypblogs.com

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP