Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Goal Setting-Rollett Marketing, Rock For Hunger, Music and More

At the office today we did a little goal sharing exercise. It was actually for SMART Goals:

S = specific
M = measurable
A = attainable
R = realistic
T = timely

Yup this was going to be a great day at the office. What happened after the awkward, really, its 8:30 and you want me to do what? type reaction, I got the fire turning. Problem is I have too many goals, aspirations and dreams. My biggest problem lies in focus. What project should I start, what one should I finish, what ones am I neglecting? Most of the time I have a hard time saying no to someone or a project. My plate gets supersized or looks like a buffet line daily. Not to mention, I always get stuck with the tab (bills, mortgage, etc).

So I have decided to narrow my focus, which still may seem like a great deal too much, but here goes anyways:

Rollett Marketing- I am going to grow this organically, no more cold calls, blind e-mails, pointless posts and all that good stuff. I want to grow this because I'm good, not because I'm cheap or have a quick hit solution.

Rock For Hunger- This will get nearly all of my attention as the Concert to End Poverty approaches. November 10th will be a day to remember for the Orlando community and the Orlando music scene. I am in charge of all online promotions and running the street team. If I can make this thing pop, I know that I can do this marketing thing full swing.

Music- This has been the hardest decision of my life, but I also want to take this organically. Looks like I'm going to try and become the John Mayer of hip-hop. Break out the acoustic guitar and start song writing, play some shows, record some tapes and have a good time. I'd love to take this on the road, which has always been my biggest dream but I don't want to force it. I ruined some good friendships for pressing too hard for my dreams annot the band as a whole.

EG- I'm going to run with it as long as I am there. I have grown a soft spot for helping people get good, quality jobs. I'm thinking about writing a book on Employment from both the standpoint of a Gen-Y kid who doesn't want to work for the man and that of a homeless person who has been given the finger by the man.

Everything else, eh, not so important. Keep food on the table, pay the mortgage and continue to have fun, life is better that way.

So here's my challenge to you: Take your business, your start-up, your marketing plan and consolidate to what is really important. In marketing on Myspace or social networks have goals, both daily (short-term) and long term. In your start-up, like Rock For Hunger, get to the basics, the real what has to get done today to make tomorrow better type of stuff.

Enough ranting. Go buy some tickets for Rock For Hunger II. It is going to be the best thing to come to Orlando since Walt came though and crushed our image.

Good night Orlando!

0 comments:

Recent Posts

I just claimed my blog on Viralogy.com - #77

ypblogs.com

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP