Tuesday, November 27, 2007

YPulse, Stephen Colbert and Generation Me

YPulse is quickly becoming a great resource for me and keeping up with teen and college marketing. Although it has been a second or 2 since I have been through, I walked in today and found out some great stuff that I had to pass on.

First has to do with this whole ABC and Facebook partnership. Looks like ABC will have an application, widget what have you that will keep you in the loop on election information. Sounds good, but what person on Facebook wants to get their information from the robots on ABC News? YPulse responds with:

“Given Stephen Colbert's popularity on Facebook, I'm kind of surprised they didn't partner with Comedy Central. Maybe they could have created an app that was both funny and informative. Given Stephen Colbert's popularity on Facebook, I'm kind of surprised they didn't partner with Comedy Central. Maybe they could have created an app that was both funny and informative.”

I agree with going in a direction that already has a captive audience in an already closed social network. The Stephen Colbert for President group has over a million members (actually 1,509,443 members) and is growing despite South Carolina having shot down the dream before it got started.

Another dropped ball by the front runners of the social networking takeover. (Still unsure of how I like this Beacon thing though.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next to note is the upcoming YPulse College Mashup Conference. It is going down from January 31st through February 1st in Santa Monica, CA. Speakers are to include:

Stephen Friedman (GM of mtvU)

Ricky Van Veen (co-founder and editor-in-chief of Collegehumor.com)

Jean Twenge, author of Generation Me

Career expert Penelope Trunk (Brazen Careerist)

College music expert Graham MacRae from Warner Bros. Records

GOOD Magazine publisher Ben Goldhirsh

And so many more

Get the full scoop at YPulse.

Any sponsors out there who wanna lend a hand in getting me out there to cover the event, be sure and let me know!!

-g-ro

0 comments:

Recent Posts

I just claimed my blog on Viralogy.com - #77

ypblogs.com

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP