Friday, August 1, 2008

Three Things To Do This Weekend

My own 4 Hour Work Week ChallengeI have been reading a chapter a night from Timothy Ferris's the 4 Hour Workweek for about 2 weeks now. It has been a great refreshment for me to wind down my hectic evenings. My favorite thing about the book (besides visualizing my future world domination plans) are the comfort challenges. My favorite so far (book spoiler alert) is when he says to lie down in a public place for 10 seconds. It can be anywhere from a bar to a sidewalk to a crowded park.

Well this is my weekend version of the comfort challenge that I am issuing to myself and the readers of my blog. I have 3 challenges that I want everyone to execute and I will write a follow up post on Monday with everyone's answers.

*That means I need some participation.*

3 Things To Do This Weekend

Weekend Homework

  1. Meet someone important. This can be anyone from a CEO to a celebrity to a potential advertiser for your company to someone you look up to. The goal is to open up and start a conversation and begin building that relationship. I prefer it be in person, but if sending a Tweet, e-mail or IM gets the job done, well then we will check it off the list.
  2. Find a great song that you have never heard before. Music helps gets you in a great mood. I find that music in the background can be a way to sooth and relax your mind even when you are not listening. My challenge is to listen to something that you have never heard of before, try listening to playlists on iMeem, stations on Pandora or Grooveshark Lite and find a song that puts you i that mood. Report back to me and maybe we can put together a MuxTape to share on Monday!
  3. Come up with an idea. It doesn't have to be a product or a website, but just an idea. Maybe you think of a way to better serve the homeless in your neighborhood, maybe its a billion dollar product or maybe its nothing more that a few beers and some small talk. Whatever the case, dream a little and come up with an idea.
I really hope that some of you can come up with some great results form these challenges. I will do my best to share mine with some photos, videos and verbiage.

Have a great weekend and remember to let loose and "live outside of the box." That was a great quote I heard today and I think it was from Clay Collins but I might be lying (he writes some great stuff anyway so go check it out!)

-Greg Rollett

0 comments:

Recent Posts

I just claimed my blog on Viralogy.com - #77

ypblogs.com

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP